6 Signs You Need Roofing Repairs
Not sure if you need roofing repairs? Let King Roofing lend you a hand. Here are six signs you shouldn’t ignore:
- Attic Leak – Leaks typically occur after wind-driven rain or a strong storm hits your area, particularly when inadequate shingle underlayment or flashing is in place.
- Peeling Interior or Exterior Paint – Trapped moisture leads to paint peeling. Without proper ventilation, humidity and temperature levels can rise in your attic, leading to premature roof deterioration.
- Ceiling and Wall Stains/Mold or Mildew Growth – This is a sign that water is seeping into your home from the outside, pointing to faulty or inadequate shingle underlayment.
- Cracked, Missing, or Curled Shingles – At this point, your asphalt shingles are at the end of their useful life. If you’re only looking at a few pieces here and there, then you can make do with repairs. However, if larger portions of your roof are missing or have deteriorated shingles, you’re better off investing in a new roof.
- Dark, Dirty-looking Areas on the Roof – If you’re not dealing with mold or algae growth, you’re looking at your shingles losing their protective granules. The damage is mostly cosmetic but your home’s curb appeal will suffer as a result so it pays to either have your roof cleaned or repaired to address the issue.
- High Energy Bill – Your roof can help keep passive heating at bay, reducing your home’s cooling requirements and helping stabilize indoor temperature. Where you have roofing material missing or underlayment damaged, however, you’re allowing regulated air to escape, prompting your HVAC system to work doubly hard to meet your desired home temperature.
Experiencing the Signs Above? Get in Touch with Us Quick!
King Roofing offers roof repair services in:
We understand how important a properly functioning roof is so we’re here to make sure that yours is always in top condition by providing professional roof repairs.
To learn more about what we can do for you, just give us a call at (903) 880-1113. We also have an online form you can use to contact us and request for an inspection.